PDA

View Full Version : Don't Use Tables!!

Corrosive
11-22-2010, 06:05 PM
For all those people who argue that 'tables are easier' I have just had the perfect example of why NOT to use them. I am working on a site for a client who likes to change her mind a fair bit. That's fair enough she wants it to be right.

She has just phoned and asked that the sidebar on the site be swapped from the right to the left hand side. All I needed to do was to change one word in the stylesheet and the whole site has changed to the way she now wants it in seconds.

Now, I thought... What if I had this entire site built from nasty old tables. That would have taken me all night and a good part of tomorrow!!

CSS is king :mrgreen:

Stickied This Thread.

davidj
12-01-2010, 02:56 PM
I suggest you use code tags!

krzy
10-25-2013, 11:34 AM
table itself is useful for some primitive tasks, but for website layout I wouldn't recommend:lol:

kate
06-09-2014, 04:26 PM
Does ANYONE use tables these days....:mrgreen:

d a v e
06-10-2014, 05:55 AM
Does ANYONE use tables these days....:mrgreen:

yes, for tabular data ;) or email newsletters

samuel044
07-03-2014, 05:14 AM
No doubt CSS is king and i agree that don't use tables cause now a days there are a lot of good more good than that,In fact when we build our own website it doesn't have a table and every time see i always say it is a reason why we got a lot of customer.

Ellena Fu
01-10-2015, 02:29 PM
table itself is useful for some primitive tasks, but for website layout I wouldn't recommend:lol:

I agree, :)

Tamsin Halle
05-19-2015, 12:17 AM

Definitely agree with you. Just use CSS