PDA

View Full Version : need to add anti spam box

kellysayers
11-21-2010, 08:46 PM
HI I have a website www.disneylandhomes.com (http://www.disneylandhomes.com) as you can see we are not hugely gifted in dreamweaver :-D This site was mainly set up by a professional who then left us in the lurch and i had to finish it myself. I have a VERY basic knowledge of dreamweaver, I need to add an anti spam box (where you have to enter a word or number in order for your enquiry to be sent) to our book with us page. It does not have to be too complicated even if it is the same number every time that would be fine. I did not set up the forms on this page and when I look at the code I can only understand some of it - I AM NOT VERY KNOWLEDGEABLE ON DREAMWEAVER. Could anyone out there help me out by having a quick look at the site and telling me the code / images needed to do this and where to add them in. I would be so thankful if someone could help me out as the amount of spam we get is really frustrating. I have a fairly old version of dreamweaver as well so please keep that in mind too
I bow to all your superiour knowledge:-D :-D :-D
Thanks

edbr
11-22-2010, 12:10 AM
it will need some modification to your mailing script, do you know what format this is ?is it a php script?
you could add some javascript to your form to validate if a certain number is added to the fiield, this you cold add as an image in your field with a number on,
this however may not stop spammers s most simply turn off javascript

Corrosive
11-22-2010, 06:14 AM
Hi Kelly. Recaptcha is popular nowadays; http://corrosiveonline.co.uk/tutorials_enquiry_form_with_recaptcha.php It gives good protection with very little code knowledge.

kellysayers
11-22-2010, 02:02 PM
Thanks EDBR the answer is I don't hjave a clue will try the above link and let you know how it turns out. Thanks a million for the link and the advice
Anne

Corrosive
11-22-2010, 02:46 PM
Anne

Oops, sorry. Assumed your name was Kelly! Welcome to the forum Anne.

kellysayers
11-22-2010, 08:46 PM
Thats ok I get it al the time. just looking at the code you suggested now and just one question. I want the enquiry to go to my yahoo e mail account so in the following

$mailMessage = "The message is: Hi XXXX. You have a message from the website\n\n";
$mailMessage .= "Name:" .$name."\n\n";
$mailMessage .= "E-Mail:" .$email."\n\n";
$mailMessage .= "Enquiry:" .$enquiry."\n\n";
$header = "From:you@yourdomain.com\r\n";
$header .= "Reply-To: you@yourdomain.com\r\n";
$header .= "Return-Path: you@yourdomain.com\r\n";
mail('you@yourdomain.com', 'Website Enquiry', $mailMessage,$header);

header("location:thanks.php");

Where do i put in my yahoo e mail address.? I know it is one of the above four but not sure which or if more than one

thanks again
Anne

edbr
11-23-2010, 01:31 AM
mail('you@yahoo.com', 'Website Enquiry', $mailMessage,$header);

Corrosive
11-23-2010, 06:06 AM
Ed is correct but I put my mail address in all four as it kind of eases mails past the spam filter on my mail account if it looks like it is 'from' someone.

kellysayers
11-23-2010, 08:40 AM
Thanks for all this help guys. I guess I will try EDs one first and send a test one if it goes into my spam box I will jsut tell yahoo to let e mails form that address in in future and that should work. now all I need is a few kid free hours to do it !!! - could be a while before that happens !!!
thanks again
Anne