PDA

View Full Version : Changing Magnification Of Code View

Bill Jacobs
11-20-2010, 01:52 PM
I am new to web design having been in print and page layout for about 11 years. The company I work for had me re-create their web site last spring and I used DW CS3 for that little project.

Now I find that I want to learn more about DWCS4 and CSS. During my attempts at creating my company's site, I learned the value of using the split view while creating my pages. But I was never able to determine how to change the magnification of the code view so that it was easier to read as the font size of code view was so tiny on my fairly large monitor.

Now at home and with CS4 I am having the same problems, I want to have split view active because I want to see the code that is written as I work over in the design side. But with my largish monitor the code view is so tiny that it is hard to read. How do I magnify the code view area so I can read the code more easily. I could find nothing in the preferences or in the View menu that would allow me to magnify the code view.

Thanks in advance for any help any of you can give me.

I run my flat panel at it's optimum resolution and it is an Apple 23" cinema display

gentleone
11-20-2010, 04:41 PM
In the top menu:
Dreamweaver --> Preferences
In the preferences menu click on 'Fonts'

In the dialog at the right you see 'code view' where you can set the type of font and the font size.

Bill Jacobs
11-20-2010, 04:44 PM
Excellent, That worked perfectly. Thank you very much!!

gentleone
11-20-2010, 04:46 PM
You're welcome ;)