PDA

View Full Version : Login Page in DW?

bcweb
11-19-2010, 07:55 PM
Can someone explain the basics of using DW to create a password protected login in section to a website?

Here's what I want to do:
I have my regular website with Paypal.
Could I make a wholesale section that was password protected?
How would I do that with DW?
Even general details would be helpful to me.

Thanks!

Ricky55
11-19-2010, 08:44 PM
You can do this in two ways.

The easy way but its a bit crude is to you an .htaccess file to password protect a folder and put your content in that. This mean that the web browser would prompt the user for login credentials.

Or you could use PHP, if you are happy with working with code I have a really nice system that I could post up. Its used on this website.

http://www.jaybe.co.uk/

Client login top right.

With regards to doing this in DW by just clicking buttons not sure probably not.

edbr
11-20-2010, 02:03 AM
it can be done with dw but you need to set up databases , its in server behaviours i think. caveat is that dw uses very bloated code as it tries to be a tool for all , it makes any variations to it quite difficult

Bill Pitts
09-10-2011, 03:47 AM
Hi Ricky,
Came across this exchange from last year while searching the forum for info on password protecting my Dreamweaver-built site a testing website for K-12 students in public schools.

Is your PHP system still available for me to look over? I would also need a way for the teachers to register their students.

Thanks,
Bill