PDA

View Full Version : Flash Elements in Dreamweaver?

bcweb
11-16-2010, 06:21 PM
How can I add a border to a flash slideshow in dreamweaver?
Can I link a flash object in dreamweaver? For example, I have a slide show I made in flash. Do I have to go back to flash to add a border and a link?

Thanks!

Ricky55
11-16-2010, 08:53 PM
You can add a border by inserting the swf into a Div and then just give this the border.

The link would really need to be done in Flash. You could absolutely position an element over the top of the Flash content and apply a link to that but really this should be done in Flash.

Why don't you just do the whole lot in Flash? Don't you have Flash? If you only have the SWF you can decompile it to get the editable FLA this works well if its a simple enough file.

If you need to know how to create a link post back and I'll give you the Action Script.

bcweb
11-16-2010, 10:51 PM
Thanks for the feedback. I went back into Flash and linked the slideshow .
I was just wondering if it was possible to link a swf file in DW (without Flash).
I used a layer w/ a single frame table inserted and added a border that way.
Good idea w/ the div tag though.

Ricky55
11-17-2010, 12:10 PM
Not sure what you mean by link a swf file in DW without Flash.

If you mean can you create a link in DW I answered this above. Yes you can but there's no point if you have Flash and the FLA.

If you're question is relating to embedding the swf into a page. Just use insert media flash from within Dream W.