PDA

View Full Version : Wordpress or dreamwaver

patodjs
11-16-2010, 03:56 AM
Hi guys

Ok I hope my question is clear enough!!

I'm planning to create a site well pretty much a forum.
I have everything set up my forum is going to run on vbulletin and I want to create a news section that I'm going to use wordpress so people can make comments !!!

But my issue is with the home page (index)
I want to create 3 different sections for the home page

A
B
C

The first layout is just a little introduction and information.
The second will be about the recent news (wordpress) and the 3rd one will be about information about the forum ad the recent post bla bla bla

So the question is 3 more people will be working with me so one of them will be working on the news section and the other guy on the forum so what can I do so those two parts of the home page connect with wordpress and the forum so they update automatically considering that this person will be posting 4 to 5 post per week so it will be so much work if I update it by myself and the same thing with the forum.

Thanks guys hope u get the idea

Blue_Vision
11-16-2010, 04:54 AM
To display your wordpress posts on the homepage automatically it's easy. You just hook them up to your blog categories (news category) or whatever your needs. Here was the code from my pages. First you put this 1st at the top of your webpage:

<?php
require('../../blog/wp-blog-header.php');
?>

<div id="news">

<?php query_posts('category_name=insert-name/insert-name/'); ?>

<?php while (have_posts()) : the_post(); ?>
<a href="<?php the_permalink() ?>" rel="bookmark" title="Permanent Link to <?php the_title(); ?>"><?php the_title(); ?></a><br />
<?php endwhile;?>
</div><!--news-->

Here is a link:

http://codex.wordpress.org/Integrating_WordPress_with_Your_Website

patodjs
11-23-2010, 06:39 PM
ok.

looks easy but, what do you mean at the top of the page before the meta tags of my html document? then paste the other code where I wanted the post to appear?

Thank you :D

Corrosive
11-24-2010, 06:44 AM
PHP can go before the opening <html> tag.

patodjs
11-25-2010, 07:01 PM
I duuno If im doing it wrong but this is the code that I put on the header

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd">
<?php
/* Short and sweet */
define('WP_USE_THEMES', false);
require('./wp-blog-header.php');
?>

is before the opening <html>

then I put the other code so I can Display the last three posts on my site this is the code.

<div class="wordpress"><?php
require('/www/blog/wp-blog-header.php');
?>

<?php query_posts('showposts=3'); ?>
<?php while (have_posts()) : the_post(); ?>
<a href="<?php the_permalink() ?>" rel="bookmark" title="Permanent Link to <?php the_title(); ?>"><?php the_title(); ?></a><br />
<?php endwhile;?></div>

is anything wrong with it??? cause nothing appears on the site.

gentleone
11-25-2010, 08:01 PM
is your require oath good? And you're loading your wp-blog-header.php twice, but with different paths.