PDA

View Full Version : Link in spry menu vertical

no_name18
11-11-2010, 06:51 AM
Hi, i'm new to this forum and this is my fist post so forgive me if i have mistakes. i work at my school site and i'm using a spry vertical menu. i manage styling it but i have a question: I want that when i click on a title of the menu, to the link of another page, the new page to open in a certain region of the main page.
i hope i mak myself understood and tanks a lot

edbr
11-11-2010, 07:01 AM
check out named anchors. welcome to the forum

no_name18
11-12-2010, 06:50 PM
check out named anchors. welcome to the forum

Sorry, but could you be more detalied? Please i'm a novice in this kind of problems

gentleone
11-12-2010, 07:40 PM
He means that you can put empty anchor tags on the linked page and link to them with your links... pffff... I hope you can follow this sentence :)
On next page where you want the page to open with: <a name="target"></a>Current page: <a href="nextpage.html#target">link</a>The above method is actually an old way of doing it, because with this method you support also IE5.5, but I assume we can skip that version by now.

Now we use the id of a div (or actually you can use any element with an id) on the next page to target.
<div id="content">content</div>Current page: <a href="nextpage.html#content">link</a>

no_name18
11-13-2010, 05:33 PM
i'm stupid.....tanks a lot

no_name18
12-14-2010, 06:02 PM
i manage to do what i wanted using an iframe:wink: Tanks a lot for suggestion