PDA

View Full Version : Newbie questions about DW capabilities

lurky
11-10-2010, 01:07 AM
hi,
I need to create a couple of business sites which have more that superficial functionality.
I need to make a site that customers can login to, with a username and password.
I need to take user input and have it sent to me in an email when they hit submit.
Can DW help with this kind of thing?
Thx

edbr
11-10-2010, 01:53 AM
yes because dreamweaver is a code editor, but you will need to use ( i would suggest) php for which will need some additional study

Corrosive
11-10-2010, 05:56 AM
Yes, these are not 'point and click' functionalities in DW but should be achievable with some extra study :)

davidj
11-10-2010, 01:30 PM
How are your HTML and CSS skills?

domedia
11-10-2010, 01:45 PM
How are your HTML and CSS skills? That's the least of the worries..

davidj
11-10-2010, 01:52 PM
That's the least of the worries..

If his skills were up to scratch in the html/css area I was going to suggest taking some Jedi lessons via planet zenith

domedia
11-10-2010, 03:04 PM
If his skills were up to scratch in the html/css area I was going to suggest taking some Jedi lessons via planet zenith
Good thing you didn't then, remember no self promotion! 8)

lurky
11-10-2010, 03:13 PM
So it sounds like my options are either learn that coding or hire a coder correct? There's no template I can use or a coding interface with a drag and drop interface ?
Thanks

domedia
11-10-2010, 04:52 PM
Depends.. you really have to tell a little more of what you're making first. More questions than answers here I am afraid :)

edbr
11-11-2010, 12:33 AM
I need to make a site that customers can login to, with a username and password.
I need to take user input and have it sent to me in an email when they hit submit.
you can make a restricted area with dreamweavers built in wizard, that works on a simple level like this easily, you will need to know haw to create the database
to send a mail you need a mailing script that is not included with dreamweaver