PDA

View Full Version : problem w spry menu in IE

minpot
11-09-2010, 06:40 PM
i set up a spry menu, it looks fine in chorme & firefox but its not holding the background color on the menu bar horizontal items on IE 8.0
and plus
my items in the menu bar items are:
home | company profile | services | contact
they look fine ON Chrome & firefox

BUT on IE they show in opposite position
contact | services | company profile | home

How can i customize it so i can have reliable and stable menu bars on all BROWSERS ?

Thanks
:-)

gentleone
11-09-2010, 08:01 PM
BUT on IE they show in opposite position
contact | services | company profile | home

Normally this would happen if you have a float: right on the list items (menu items), but it should then show up like that in all browsers. Do you have a link to the page or something?

minpot
11-09-2010, 08:20 PM
you are saying is that i have to cancel that float : right
for now i'm working on my page and i have not uploaded to the server yet.

but why things look fine in chrome and ff and not in ie ? like the backgroundcolor of my menu items?

its confusing

gentleone
11-09-2010, 08:53 PM
If you want your menu at the right of the page or parent div, you just set a right float on the ul and on the li you'll keep the normal left float.

Why its not like that in Chrome or FF and why your background color doesn't show up in IE8... I don't know without seeing any code.

minpot
11-10-2010, 04:17 AM
http://minervawebdesign.com/provedreserves/index.html
this is the temporary link . . . .you may want to take a look at it in IE, chorme and firefox and perhaps you can figure out why on IE is not working properly.
Thank you ;)

DWcourse
11-10-2010, 05:40 AM
I looked in IE and I don't see the issue.

edbr
11-10-2010, 07:18 AM
yes i checked on ie 9 and ie6(with ietester)

minpot
11-10-2010, 04:23 PM
m m m m not at my end is working fine :(.
I want to attach a jpg so you guys can see it and it says my quota for that es full . . . . . sorry again, how can i empty it so i can show you?
Thanks