PDA

View Full Version : Image Protection

Chapo
11-08-2010, 03:19 PM
Ok... i'm creating a site for a client that wants to a Image Gallery but at the same time he wants to protect them. I know its impossible to %100 do that, but at least i want to do 3 things that are simple but just can't find the way.
I will like to do this for Windowa and Mac.

Disable Right Click
Disable Drag and Drop for images
When "Print Screen" or "Snap Shot", the desktop or other image will apear insteadDoes somebody know a site or codes for this ?

HAPPY HOLLYDAYS.....!!!!!!!!

Ricky55
11-08-2010, 04:01 PM
I've seen the prevention of the right click menu but I've not seen the other two. I really would try to talk your client out of this.

Even if you get this working you can still get the images very easily by just saving the web page or just doing a screen grab on the mac.

You would be far better just water marking the images. All the other things you mention don't really work and attempt to break default browser behaviour that just looks unprofessional and users just find annoying.

Just create a really nice watermark for you client instead.

davidj
11-08-2010, 04:10 PM
I agree

Watermark the image

DWcourse
11-08-2010, 07:48 PM
I agree with the other guys but you could also make a print only style sheet

<link href="print.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="print" />

with this rule:

img {
visibility: hidden;
}

BTW, there is know way to protect your online images if someone really wants them. Even a watermark can be removed fairly effectively unless you make it strong and place it over critical parts of the image.

Ricky55
11-08-2010, 11:53 PM
Depends on the watermark you can make them so they would take ages to retouch out.

davidj
11-09-2010, 06:39 AM
yes but then make the image ugly

The idea is to get the balance right