PDA

View Full Version : voting system for videos

Josh
11-03-2010, 09:25 PM
Hi,

I'd like to create a voting system for my website,

users will upload there videos to my database and I add them to my website, I would then like the users to be able to vote for their favourite video, how would I go about doing this please?

Thanks,

Josh.

domedia
11-03-2010, 11:23 PM
Four options I think Josh,

#1 Learn a programming language. I think if you ask around here, people are most likely going to recommend PHP. It's widely used, and there's a ton of books written on the subject.

#2 You might be able to have DW do this for you. I would look in the manual and possibly for videos/tutorials on adobe.com for that. I don't think many on this forum has experience with this approach, but it could be. Anyone?

#2 Pay a programmer to write this for you

#3 Buy an application that in general terms is doing what you want.

Josh
11-04-2010, 12:36 AM
thanks for laying out my options, i'll have a look around and see what can be done.

Thanks,

Josh

edbr
11-04-2010, 03:17 AM
there are various poll scripts or no people like this.
if i were to approach this with php i would
form to submit to database
the upload script would need to check if the member or IP address had already submitted
then you need a calcualtion to either count rows deciding votes in favour /total rows
depending on how you wanted to offer and process the submission and the result

edbr
11-04-2010, 03:23 AM
you seem to want to use php generally, i dont know if you have followed davidj's tuts here but you might want to also consider his course http://codezenith.co.uk/

Josh
11-04-2010, 03:59 AM
thanks for that, seems like a complicated road to go down, I'd best get learning!

thanks for the info, i'll try and see if I can make it work somehow, i'll probably be back with plenty of questions!

Josh.