PDA

View Full Version : Button react to iFrame?

H2o-KiD
10-30-2010, 08:43 PM
I have came to an issue where I used iFrame for my website...

Upon button's activation, the middle of page will load a different page. Previously, before I even knew iFrame, each and every button links to a brand new different page with the exact same layout... but only the Text[button] of each linked page has changed and is not clickable, indicating user that they are on which tab... however, since I incorporate my web with iFrame, the buttons are aways clickable and remain the same... how do I... ughhhhhh... somewhat, the button detect the 'specific iFrame' on activate, then it will change accordingly.

By the way though, my buttons are all plain text typed in Dreamweaver itself, using "a:, a:hover"...
and has only 1 iFrame which sits at the middle of my page.

Helps are appreciated!!

d a v e
10-30-2010, 09:40 PM
have you thought of doing away with the i-frame?

H2o-KiD
10-31-2010, 03:41 AM
What do you mean Dave?

d a v e
10-31-2010, 06:44 AM
i mean don't use an iframe.

Corrosive
11-01-2010, 06:51 AM
before I even knew iFrame, each and every button links to a brand new different page with the exact same layout... but only the Text[button] of each linked page has changed and is not clickable, indicating user that they are on which tab...

What d a v e is getting at is that you had it right this way. Separate pages are better then sticking content in an iframe.

however, since I incorporate my web with iFrame, the buttons are aways clickable and remain the same... how do I... ughhhhhh... somewhat, the button detect the 'specific iFrame' on activate, then it will change accordingly.

Go back to how you were doing it before :)