PDA

View Full Version : adding a video file?

tony09uk
10-25-2010, 12:55 PM
I want to add a video file to my page. What is the best format for it? flv, swf etc....

I have tried adding it as an flv in a div which I had placed ready for when I got round to putting it in (the day has come). But when I view it in the browser my whole screen is messed up. whats wrong with it? How should I set it up? or what tutorial do I need to learn ?

Corrosive
10-25-2010, 01:00 PM
I'd recommend putting the video on a sharing site (like Youtube) and using their 'embed' technology. Otherwise use Flash and Dreamweaver should add all the neccessary files to make it work for you.

tony09uk
10-25-2010, 06:10 PM
Ive considered youtube, but many of my video's are to long. I have tried to add a video already, i seem to be struggling to get the setting right when I export it :S (it either plays full size weather I want it to or not or the size which I set it at and cant get it to maxamise.

tony09uk
11-16-2010, 06:31 PM
I cant get my video to expand to full screen....whats wrong?
Also if I zoom in using the zoom option in the browser the video stays the same size while everthing else is enlarged.....whats going on with that?

Ricky55
11-16-2010, 10:00 PM
How long are they? I think Vimeo is great for this kind of thing. If you want to do it in Dreamweaver have a look at this video tut.

He shows you how to use the new adobe flash media component and how to embed video that plays in Flash but as an HTML5 fall back option for mobile devices without Flash. Very easy to follow.

http://www.gotoandlearn.com/play.php?id=128