PDA

View Full Version : Template

tony09uk
10-21-2010, 10:53 PM
I want to save my page (once I have finished it) as a template, how do I do this? and how do I apply the CSS I have created to other pages which will be slightly different to the basic template?

jack567
10-29-2010, 06:16 AM
You can give the link to your all pages of your website to get the style sheet to your every page. The every page controlled by one css file. You can use more than one css files also to give specific design to particular pages.

tony09uk
10-30-2010, 03:07 PM
I have created a spry tabbed menu, there are six tabs, this menu will be on every page, but have a different number of tabs for each page. Is it possible to save the menu as an editable region? I have tried to save as editable region, but this pushed the tab menu down the page to fit in the text that states I have a editable region.....

What am I doing wrong?
Do I have to create each tab as editable or can it be the whole menu?

d a v e
10-30-2010, 04:55 PM
why will you have different tabs for each page? isn't your navigation consistent from page to page?

DWcourse
10-30-2010, 08:28 PM
First of al don't worry about it pushing things around in Dreamweaver's Design View the important issue is what it looks like in browsers.

Second, Dave makes a good point. Your navigation really should be consistent from page to page for usability.

And finally if you make your menu an editable area every time you add a page you'll have to edit each page individually.

tony09uk
10-31-2010, 09:24 PM
I think I failed to give the full picture......

The tabbed menu I have created is to hold content for a video which will be placed above it, but there is going to be so much information that the tabbed menu seems to be the best option to stop scrolling down the screen. So it will be necessary to have each tab on each page totally unique to that page. I have a navigation bar at the top which will consistent.

I have viewed the tabs in the browser and it is there that the tabs are moved down to accommodate the editable regions title.

I don't have a link to show the pages as I haven't got the site up and running yet.

DWcourse
10-31-2010, 10:14 PM
If you've set up your template and the editable region properly, the name of the editable region will not show up in the browser since it is contained in an html comment:

<!-- InstanceBeginEditable name="content" -->

tony09uk
10-31-2010, 11:02 PM
is there any tutorials out there which show me how to set it up properly? I have followed a few but none of them are for tabbed menu's