PDA

View Full Version : Meta Tag Problem

TeamLupeRealEstate
10-21-2010, 03:51 PM
ok so im done with my website, and so now all i have to do is SEO. I have a very good understanding of SEO so that part isnt a probllem. When im looking at my code view, everything inside the Head tag iss grey (execpt the title) and i cannot edit it. I have read that all i have to do is go to Insert/HTML/Head and click on what meta tag i want to put in there, put it in there and click ok and it will add it. So i have done this several times, no error message comes up, but it gives me the little error beep, and after i complete it and look at the code view, there is no meta tags. I know how to put the meta tags in myslef, but like i said im unable to edit anything inside the grey area. Advise would be great, thanks.

domedia
10-21-2010, 03:59 PM
Are you using DW's template system?
This would be why the header part is grayed out.

Apart from that my only advice would be not to think about meta keyword and description tags as part of SEO. It's a loong time ago modern search engines let go of them as part of the algo to determine your search result rankings.

TeamLupeRealEstate
10-21-2010, 04:06 PM
yes i just looked and i am using templates, im able to edit the template head items. How do i optomize each page then. Do i really have to make 30 diffrent templates?
And i read that yes the meta tags are not as important as they used to be but that some search engines still glance at them and incorperate their results accordingly.
But if meta tags have no use, then how do i optomize?.... just key word density and backlinks? How will the search engine know what my keywords are if i dont tell it?

Thanks for your response

domedia
10-27-2010, 04:49 PM
Content is still King. Your pages are unique because the content they have.
Make sure your title tag is descriptive and to the point, along with your headers and text.

There's still a lot of info online about how to market your website.
Google has this document
http://www.google.com/webmasters/docs/search-engine-optimization-starter-guide.pdf

Personally I'm a fan of seomoz.com where many a SEO professional hang out.

DWcourse
10-29-2010, 05:16 AM
When you create a template in Dreamweaver it also creates an editable region in the head tag that allows you to insert meta tags, javascript, etc. on a page by page basis. It sounds like you somehow deleted or lost that editable region.

As for SEO, domedia is spot on.

foob
07-07-2014, 08:28 AM
Unfortunately, making money from your blog has to do more with how you market your blog than how quality or informed your articles are.. not saying you should not pay attention to quality, but know that you have to put a lot into marketing it as well..

rockymax945
11-18-2014, 06:44 AM
According to me @Domedia is right. Now these day most of On-page SEO is covers with website content we just need to provide the quality content and proper use of keywords having Attractive title can help us well to improve search engine Rank.

d a v e
11-18-2014, 10:11 AM
original post was 4 years ago so not much point :)

edbr
11-19-2014, 01:07 AM
i think i should start closing these old seo threads. starting with this one