PDA

View Full Version : Discrimination in the US

Corrosive
10-21-2010, 01:48 PM
You guys in the States have anti-discrimination laws for job advertising right??

I've just been told that in the States you can advertise for a certain race of people only. Is that right?

domedia
10-21-2010, 02:06 PM
Not normally, but there are circumstances in which Affirmative Action play in.
I don't think it means that you can advertise the job, as let's say hispanics only, but it means that someone might get a job because of their skincolor in order to comply with federal laws.

Corrosive
10-21-2010, 02:12 PM
Yes, I guess like we have 'quotas' for women in the police force. Positive Discrimination n all that. Thanks Ove, just thought I'd check I wasn't cracking up!

edbr
10-22-2010, 12:56 AM
unless things have changed in the uk it is quite complicated i could give you some eye brow raising examples that i was involved in .

Corrosive
10-22-2010, 06:14 AM
unless things have changed in the uk it is quite complicated i could give you some eye brow raising examples that i was involved in .

Oh yes, I'd forgotten what your business is Ed. You might have to mail me if they are not fit for Forum consumption!

edbr
10-22-2010, 06:31 AM
i thought the same, just not a road i want to walk down here , ill mail you at the weekend