PDA

View Full Version : dream weaver how to

mulder35h
10-20-2010, 06:47 PM
I am a new user to dream weaver, can anyone give me good refernece or books that will get me started in using dream weaver?

gsxr1000au
10-21-2010, 12:47 AM
I've read a few books on DW and to be honest i think they were a waste of both money and time.

However, I found video tutorials very helpful.

There are 1000's out there.. some good and some terrible.

I used http://www.timothywebdesign.com/index.htm and followed along the tutorials which helped me get a basic grasp on HTML and CSS.

The rest of it just involves a lot of self learning.. Trying things and seeing what happens :)

Good Luck !!

Bill Pitts
10-21-2010, 08:37 PM
Hi mulder35h,
For those of you out there who read, I recommend David Sawyer McFarland's "Dreamweaver: The Missing Manual." It's written in a clear, concise manner and approaches learning Dreamweaver in a witty, easy-to-understand way.

Once you're comfortable with Dreamweaver as it comes out of the box, you may wish to have a go at McFarland's book, "CSS: The Missing Manual." If you're not familiar with CSS (Cascading Style Sheets), keep in mind that HTML is for content and CSS is for appearance. This book will help you to make sense out of what Dreamweaver is doing when it builds web pages for you.

Reading and using both manuals is well worth your time if you are serious about mastering Dreamweaver and web design.

Bill

nwcountry
10-23-2010, 05:04 PM
thanks for posting this link:) I am needing a good tutorial. Denise