PDA

View Full Version : HyperLink box doesn't show in properites inspector

Dayne
10-19-2010, 02:20 PM
I'm using Dreamweaver CS5 on a Mac.

With CS3 there was a small fill in box in the Properities Inspector to fill-in links. It's not there in CS5. I use that fill-in box all the time.

I also can't figure out how to make a hyperlink from an image in CS5. I always just put the hyperlink in that fill-in box. If I use the Common insert menu for the link or the INSERT>HYPERLINK, it only works with text. It's like Adobe has taken away all the really use full stuff.

I thought maybe I am using a different window set-up or workspace. I have the workspace set on "classic". I also tried "designer"

Thanks for the help

kearnsy
10-19-2010, 03:45 PM
Hi there

I think if you just single click on the image that you want to make into a link, then look in the properties inspector at the bottom you'll see a little box that says 'link', then just use the point to file to locate the file on your hard drive if it's an internal link, or add the http://www.example.com into the box if it's an external link

Dayne
10-19-2010, 04:50 PM
In CS3 all I had to do is click on the image and the link fill-in box would show up. It's not doing that in CS5.

I find that older websites I made in CS3 still have this option when opened in CS5, but this new website I am working on entirely on CS5 does not.

I can't even highlight text that is already linked, just to view the link or change it without going into the code.

I keep thinking, it must be some universal setting I'm not aware of. When I go to tutorials about using links in CS5, they always show an inspectors panel that looks like the CS3 one.

kearnsy
10-19-2010, 07:20 PM
It does sound a wierd problem i must admit

You don't have the image that you're trying to add a link to set as a background image by any chance do you?

This may sound stupid, but do you have the 'live view' or 'inspect' buttons enabled in cs5, if you have, then the properties inspector wont show

Just a thought.

Dayne
10-20-2010, 07:39 PM
I am not in Live view or Inspect view. I think the problem is something like that. Every once in a while ( 1% of the time) when I click on an image I will see the link box in the Inspector, but mostly it's not there. Can't figure out why sometimes and not others. I never see any of the text links in the Inspector ever.

I am working on a huge website right now (over 120 pages) and I really don't need this hassle. I must always keep the Split view open so I can check the hyperlinks.

Any other suggestions???

Dayne
10-20-2010, 07:41 PM
I forgot to add: No the images are not background images.