PDA

View Full Version : Form Messes up my page

dannyc
10-19-2010, 11:05 AM
Hi there, I took corrosives advice and restructured my entire webpage so it wasnt in tables and its now structured using divs and containers and looks 1000 times better so thanks corrosive. The only problem I'm getting is when I put my <?php include "contact.php"; ?> into my contactus.php page it seems to mess up the css of the form, the footer disappears completely and the form turns from a light gray shade to very dark, I'm glad to say the form works and it has validation but it messes up my page so I can't really upload it, there is no stylesheet attachted to the contact.php page just styling on contactus.php, why does it mess the page up?

Corrosive
10-19-2010, 11:41 AM
Link, code or crystal ball please :)

dannyc
10-19-2010, 11:47 AM
Lol I'm not sure why but it displays completely wrong in dreamweaver design view but in mozilla and the rest of the browsers it displays great, thanks for all your help corrosive I've officially built my first webpage, can you take a look and tell me what you think? If others could please look and tell me what they think and if I could improve in anyway that would be great, =D

http://www.scouttheuk.com

Corrosive
10-19-2010, 11:58 AM
That, Mr Cassidy, is a thousand times better than the monstrosity you started with. A Testament to not taking 'the easy route' and learning to do stuff properly :) Great show!

As for the form, as you said, it displays fine in the browser so I don't see the problem. You are designing for browsers and not DW Design View (which can be very ropey at times). Is there any real reason you need it to look good in Design View?

dannyc
10-19-2010, 12:16 PM
Thanks so much Corrosive, I can't believe the difference myself really, and to think I would have presented a business in the previous form is horrendous lol.

I don't need it to be presentable in design view its perfect that it works in the browser as that's all that matters, thanks again dude, :grin:

P.s. If I can ever help you with anything just message me! I can dedicate some time to menial web building tasks which you don't want to do any time you need me to!

gentleone
10-19-2010, 12:25 PM
Indeed a nice one... better to learn from PSDtuts then form YouTube ;)

Corrosive
10-19-2010, 12:27 PM
It's my pleasure to set someone on the path to a great website rather than a bad one. I will so quickly navigate away from a poorly designed/built website that a company will never get my business. That may be irrational but first impressions really do count and I think you have a winner there.

We tend to manage our own workload pretty effectively but if you ever hear of anyone wanting a site, you know where we are.

Hope your business is a roaring success and, if I ever need anything securing, you'll be the first to hear :)