PDA

View Full Version : Statistics

TeamLupeRealEstate
10-18-2010, 08:27 PM
Ok, so im pretty much done with my 1st web site that i have to make for my company. I have a question though. I have weekly statistics reports, where i go into all of our sites and see which properties have been hit and viewed how many times and so on. Will i be able to see these stats with the new website i have made in dreamweaver? and if so how?

thanks

DWcourse
10-19-2010, 03:24 AM
It's hard to answer that without knowing how the reports you currently receive are generated. If you don't have access to the same reports you can always install Google Analytics on your site for reporting.

Corrosive
10-19-2010, 05:54 AM
Aye, Google Analytics should do everything you need. It is as simple as adding 3 lines of code just before your closing </body> tag. Otherwise, if your site is hosted on the same hosting as the others, I don't see why you wouldn't get the same info.

TeamLupeRealEstate
10-19-2010, 01:57 PM
well the site that we have now is actually supported by top producer (a real estate hosting buisness) the site itself is not of our design, we basicly put in the information and the template makes the code for us. Once we drop that website and upload the new one it will not be on the same server or anything. It will be hosted by go daddy. But i will not be able to get the same information like i was. Top producer actually made a report for me, so all i had to do was copy the information in the report that i make. i record the dadta from 8 diffrent advertisers that we use so that i can give that information to our sellers and owners, so they know that their property is being seen.
but you said google analytics? im a check that out. Thanks!

Corrosive
10-19-2010, 02:20 PM
OK, cool. Analytics is good if you know what you are looking for. I'd imagine that GoDaddy also have some statistics on their hosting packages, most hosts do.

gentleone
10-19-2010, 02:24 PM
Aye, Google Analytics should do everything you need. It is as simple as adding 3 lines of code just before your closing </body> tag.
Google recommends now to place it in the head, so that you can measure better bounce rates then when its at the bottom of the code. At least that was when I did the one for my site a couple of weeks ago.

Corrosive
10-19-2010, 02:34 PM
Google recommends now to place it in the head, so that you can measure better bounce rates then when its at the bottom of the code. At least that was when I did the one for my site a couple of weeks ago.

Ah, interesting. Good 'heads up'. I thought analytics went at the bottom in case it slows down the page load speed. In fact if you look at this site as it loads the page appears and then you get the message about analytics.

Does this not buck against Google's view on page speeds effecting SEO and ranking?

gentleone
10-19-2010, 02:48 PM
Yes, I was also surprised they recommend now to place it in the head, but I'm now pretty sure about it... they recommend it when you sign up for a google analytics account. I tried to show it to you, but what I found was still the old recommendation. :(

edbr
10-20-2010, 01:54 AM
i imagine then it will only throw a curve if visitors move on before the total page load. so relevant on slow loading pages more to which you are adding a little time by adding it first. for me, i think that's a going to be a personal choice issue