PDA

View Full Version : Help with Mailform

GSPDC
10-17-2010, 05:38 PM
Hi guys

Ive been trying to get my mailform working? I have also read a few webpages regarding how to set it up but still I am having issues.

My first question is, what is the action I need to set in dreamweaver?

My webspace provider have also said mailform is setup on my website and it is supported.

But yet I am still unsure of how to do it.

Please see the images attached.

Thanks in advance for any help.

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg148/gareth01422/Capture3-2.jpg

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg148/gareth01422/Capture4.jpg

Gareth

edbr
10-19-2010, 03:58 AM
set the action to point to your mail handling script. im guessing that it is a perl script in your cgi folder but your hoster should advise. look at your script to see if you have to edit mail settings etc

GSPDC
10-19-2010, 05:41 AM
Thanks for replying

I downloaded the cgimail file but in note pad its a bit hard to read.

attached is the file also with the form file which I gather I need aswell.

Gareth

Corrosive
10-19-2010, 05:57 AM
You shouldn't need to download the script, just point your webform 'action' at it. There must be instructions you can get from your hosts?

GSPDC
10-19-2010, 07:08 AM
You shouldn't need to download the script, just point your webform 'action' at it. There must be instructions you can get from your hosts?

I logged into the control panel on the host website, but this isnt anything about the cgimail.

Do I need a form (like the one I uploaded earlier), and put that in the same directory of the cgimail file?

Gareth

Corrosive
10-19-2010, 07:19 AM
No, you shouldn't. Bear in mind I use PHP rather than cgi but you would expect to have something like this at the top of your form...

<form action="cgibin/mailform">

The action of the form tells it where to send the data whan submit is pressed. There will be more to it but maybe contact your hosts directly and ask them what you need to configure.

GSPDC
10-19-2010, 08:17 AM
No, you shouldn't. Bear in mind I use PHP rather than cgi but you would expect to have something like this at the top of your form...

<form action="cgibin/mailform">

The action of the form tells it where to send the data whan submit is pressed. There will be more to it but maybe contact your hosts directly and ask them what you need to configure.

OK thank you.

I will give it a go tonight when i get home from work.

Gareth

GSPDC
10-19-2010, 05:34 PM
Gave that a go and nothing happens but now the contact page is either missing off the server or the permissions have gone daft.

I did a search on my host home page for "cgiemail" and it came up with this link.

http://web.mit.edu/wwwdev/cgiemail/user.html

I had a quick look but trying to sort out these permissions or the missing contact page.

edbr
10-20-2010, 01:30 AM
in your screen shot you show the file cgiemail, but not the extenshion, perl scripts usually have a .pl extenshion (asfik) .
is there not a link to the script mentioned in your hosting control panel?