PDA

View Full Version : Html emails attached to loads of pdf's?

Abbica
10-15-2010, 09:28 AM
Hi, I am creating a literature library to email out to clients. This will contain all pdf documents relating to their specific areas. I am looking into using mailchimp as it is highly recommended but I am still trying to gain access to my computer with IT due to restrictions, so I can't ask them but can I ask you, A) can you attach documents to these email campaigns, something like 40+ docs per campaign. B) Would these be secure, it is just that our legal department is not cosure with us giving our literature away and would prefer for it to stay in our company but they could perhaps grab it via a mirror route or the like to access it? Is this possible, either of my queries please?

Corrosive
10-15-2010, 09:41 AM
I wouldn't have thought that many attachements would be feasible but you could stick the pdfs up on a server and put normal html links in the e-mail for folks to download. That way they stay on the company server.

edbr
10-15-2010, 09:54 AM
agree, that way no files getting lost , less chance of being blocked as spam ( a real possibility) and you couls control who downloads with password protection if wanted

Abbica
10-15-2010, 10:39 AM
Great thanks, so upload them to our own ftp in a folder with all relevant pdfs for attaching to the links in the mailchimp campaign. That is great. Thanks for advice.

Corrosive
10-15-2010, 10:56 AM
Yeah, just bear in mind that they would probably need a URL to be pointed at them so a folder in your company website structure might be best. I guess you could do it with static IP but I think a full web address would be better.