PDA

View Full Version : Importing images

cazy888
10-14-2010, 02:07 PM
Hey all, I got a query about importing certain images into dreamweaver. I do a lot of vector work in Illustrator and have recently made a website in Flash but want to start using HTML again, but I've suddenly remembered why I was slightly put off Dreamweaver as opposed to Flash - the loss of picture quality when importing. My question is, is it possible to import .ai files into Dreamweaver, or another way to import vectored images without losing there quality, as of course when you save as a jpg, gif etc through 'save for web' its gonna become pixelated because it's then no longer vector work...I was just wondering if there was any other way around it as the distortion is so obvious even if I haven't resized images. Can you link .ai files just by using raw HTML in notepad for example?

Many thanks.

d a v e
10-14-2010, 02:23 PM
if you save at the same size there is no distortion.
you *may* see some antialiasing that might not appear as cleanly as ai

if you save as gif or png-8 bit it will not be pixellated at the same size

have you got an example of what's not working for you ? link to ai and gif/jpg/png file

Ernmalind
10-17-2010, 06:09 PM
you may use /isolated key

DWcourse
10-17-2010, 06:30 PM
If you save images at.jpg or .png at the size they will display on the web you should be able to maintain quality. Of course you won't be able to scale them.

There is the SVG (Scalable Vector Graphics) standard but support by browsers is still spotty. And you could save the image as a .swf Flash file and place it in the HTML page rather than making the entire page Flash.