PDA

View Full Version : Cant Position My Form Properly In dreamweaver,

dannyc
10-13-2010, 10:13 AM
Hi There,

Im new to these forums so sorry if this is posted in the wrong place, basically I have tried to find a good contact form for my website and finally found one with captcha and have successfully put it on my page, however it will only position in the bottom left hand side of the page, i used photoshop and sliced the images to create my html pages and then converted it into a php page and used

<?php include "index.php"; ?>

within my images ready slices where i wanted the form to be, however it still appears on the bottom left hand side of the page, ive tried everything i can think of and really need help fixing this, you can see the page at http://www.scouttheuk.com/contactus.php

(im relatively new to web design so please ignore any design issues, however if you have any suggestions to make my page look better they would be much appreciated)

Thanks

Danny

Corrosive
10-13-2010, 10:46 AM
Hi There,

Im new to these forums so sorry if this is posted in the wrong place, basically I have tried to find a good contact form for my website and finally found one with captcha and have successfully put it on my page, however it will only position in the bottom left hand side of the page, i used photoshop and sliced the images to create my html pages and then converted it into a php page and used

<?php include "index.php"; ?>

within my images ready slices where i wanted the form to be, however it still appears on the bottom left hand side of the page, ive tried everything i can think of and really need help fixing this, you can see the page at http://www.scouttheuk.com/contactus.php

(im relatively new to web design so please ignore any design issues, however if you have any suggestions to make my page look better they would be much appreciated)

Thanks

Danny

Hi Danny and welcome to the forum

All of the experienced designers would advise you very much against your method for creating your HTML. Photoshop isn't designed to write code so you really need to hand cut your graphics and rebuild it in DW using HTML and CSS for positioning. This will help you to learn how to position your form correctly.

Corrosive
10-13-2010, 11:08 AM
You've also managed to create two web pages in one. You have re-referenced the head and body tags. If using php includes you must take out the code that DW automatically writes for you when you create a new page as it is not needed twice.

dannyc
10-13-2010, 11:51 AM
Thanks for that, know any good guides which will show me how to use and place the images correctly? Or if your really nice you can show me yourself :-D

And thanks for the duplicate tags heads up I'll ammend that now.

Corrosive
10-13-2010, 12:10 PM
This is a good tutorial to follow and get the concept of CSS down; http://net.tutsplus.com/tutorials/site-builds/from-psd-to-html-building-a-set-of-website-designs-step-by-step/

dannyc
10-14-2010, 09:32 AM
thanks for the tip found it really useful and am working on making my webpage much better now, thanks again.

Corrosive
10-14-2010, 09:50 AM
Glad it helped and you know we are always here to help with CSS design.