PDA

View Full Version : Using Vista on one computer and Windows 7 on another

Kenneth59
10-13-2010, 08:03 AM
and want to install dreamweaver on the windows 7 machine as well, will it work with no problems? Also whats the difference in dreamweaver cs4 vs cs5 that i see is out? thanks

DWcourse
10-13-2010, 04:46 PM
As long as your version is supported on Windows 7 (check the Adobe site) you shouldn't have a problem. Although I've heard of CS4 sometimes having an issue selecting the right folder when you're setting up a site on 64-bit systems: http://www.dwcourse.com/dreamweaver/windows-bug-local-root-folder.php

CS5 adds:

CSS Inspect to Live View (allows you to see what style rules affect a given part of your page as you hover over it - similar to Firebug for Firefox).

The ability to connect to a php server and use it to parse php in live view so that you can edit php-based pages "live."

Completely rewritten built-in CSS page layouts.

And, through the latest update, code hinting for HTML5/CSS3.

Plus they've thrown in some Adobe Live features (BroswserLab integration is one) that Adobe will start charging a monthly fee for next year.

Those are the major updates. A good but not a "must have" update in my opinion.

d a v e
10-13-2010, 06:15 PM
and you'll need a license for each machine (i think or is it work/home dual licence thing still??)

DWcourse
10-13-2010, 06:53 PM
Adobe license:

(“Primary User”) may install a second copy of the Software for his or her exclusive use on either a portable Computer or a Computer located at his or her home, provided that the Software on the portable or home Computer is not used at the same time as the Software on the primary Computer.