PDA

View Full Version : Converting from older dreamver to newer version

dreamsub
10-11-2010, 09:24 PM
Hi,

With Dreamweaver MX Version 6 (DWmx), I have built a website using WindowsXP. Since moving the website to Windows Vista, it responds very slowly when toggling and saving. May be a compatibility issue!

After backup copying the mx website data, I want to uninstall DWmx and install Dreamweaver CS5 to the Windows Vista. Then I download the MX backup copy into the DW-CS5.

Will the MX website data work seamlessly with the new DW-CS5 in Windows Vista? Or will lose all the data (or get corrupted) from the Mx copy?

Please advise.

DWcourse
10-11-2010, 09:54 PM
A Dreamweaver website is just a website. The pages are just html with maybe some JavaScript thrown in (assuming you weren't hooking into a database). So your pages should transfer without problems to CS5. I do vaguely remember having an issue with (I believe) the roll over image behavior after one update but I can't remember which one. But basically, I think your safe.

Corrosive
10-12-2010, 06:04 AM
Yeah, the rollover image code is weird in MX as it was compensating for the inadequacies of some pretty old browsers. Other than that (and maybe the odd deprecated tag here and there) you ought to be OK.