PDA

View Full Version : Css getting applied to site.

LawWebServices
10-11-2010, 02:35 PM
I created a site in DW and for some reason when I upload it using filezilla, it looks like none of the css rules are doing anything. The css file should be there. Any help would be great.

Here is the site so you can see what I mean.

Injury Alliance (http://www.injuryalliance.com)

***The horizontal Spry bar is a whole other issue.

Brad

gentleone
10-11-2010, 02:47 PM
there is still a stylesheet pointing to your harddrive.

<link href="file:///C|/Users/Brad/Desktop/Injury Alliance 3/HTML/css/layout.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />

LawWebServices
10-11-2010, 03:03 PM
Great, thanks. I never even noticed.

All I did was click and drag the file in FileZilla. Any idea how I redirect it to the proper location.

Sorry for the likely stupid question, still very new to this.

Brad

gentleone
10-11-2010, 03:19 PM
Any idea how I redirect it to the proper location

Delete this part in code view?
file:///C|/Users/Brad/Desktop/Injury Alliance 3/HTML/

I don't know how in design view.

LawWebServices
10-11-2010, 03:35 PM
Okay, I have deleted the suggested part of the code on the main page only (as a test) and it doesn't seem to have made a difference.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks for your patience.

Brad

gentleone
10-11-2010, 04:40 PM
Did you upload the changed page to your server? I still see the stylesheet pointing to your hard drive.

LawWebServices
10-11-2010, 04:47 PM
Weird, I could have sworn I re-uploaded it. I have re-done it and am getting the same result.

gentleone
10-11-2010, 05:16 PM
I see the changes now, but the stylesheet is not in a folder named 'css'. I figured out it's in the root directory.
So delete also this:
css/

LawWebServices
10-11-2010, 05:35 PM
Okay, i deleted the code. No change.

Currently I have all the css files and the html files in the same directory. This is the only way I could get the html to work. Originally I had the html in their own folder. Is this right?

Thanks again for all your help, I really appreciate your help.

Brad

d a v e
10-11-2010, 06:48 PM
check the site links in dreamweaver and fix any broken ones

gentleone
10-11-2010, 06:58 PM
I tried to figure out your sitemap, but to be honest I don't have a clue how you organized everything.

For example why this:

url(../../../Injury%20Alliance%204/Images/ContainerRCTopLeft.jpg)

That image is 5 levels up from the directory where your layout.css is in. :confused:

I would suggest to organize it all over again, because it's obvious that you don't know either where all these paths go :)

Tips:
make a folder 'css' for all your stylesheets.
make a folder 'images' for al your images
make a folder 'js' for all your javascript files

and all your pages goes in the root directory

DWcourse
10-11-2010, 07:07 PM
I'd also say that the odds are pretty good you haven't defined your site correctly. If you had you could upload the files through Dreamweaver and they would be in the right location automatically.

Corrosive
10-12-2010, 06:00 AM
I'm not sure if this will help but this is the kind of site structure I use to keep me sane(ish). I haven't looked at your but, from what the experienced guys have said here, it sounds like a bit of a mess; http://corrosiveonline.co.uk/tutorials_folder_structure_file_paths.php

dkmining
10-12-2010, 12:57 PM
I asked for his help, I really need Macromedia Dreamweaver 8 in English language. I already have an MD 8 but still in spanish, can I be helped to get it? information please .. thank you

d a v e
10-12-2010, 02:01 PM
I asked for his help, I really need Macromedia Dreamweaver 8 in English language. I already have an MD 8 but still in spanish, can I be helped to get it? information please .. thank you

contact adobe

dkmining
10-12-2010, 02:23 PM
Thank's Dave