PDA

View Full Version : Website problem with Safari on iPod Player

spazzer
10-11-2010, 11:41 AM
Hi All,
I was wondering if someone may be able to assist, I have created a website at www.drivingschoolnorthampton.com (http://www.drivingschoolnorthampton.com) and all is fine when viewing in Opera, Safari,Firefox and IE, however when I view the site on Safari with my iPod Touch the content shows to the left and doesn't center in the browser window like it does when viewing in Safari on my laptop, can anyone assist ?

Many Thanks,
Nick C

gentleone
10-11-2010, 12:40 PM
Why's there a horizontal scrollbar (in Safari and Firefox on the Mac)? I guess that's also causing your Ipod issue.

Corrosive
10-11-2010, 01:23 PM
I have no idea about your ipod issue but just thought I'd say 'nice site'. I really lile that and you've come on loads since you first joined here. Great work dude :)

spazzer
10-11-2010, 01:30 PM
Hi Corrosive,
Thanks for your kind words, I appreciate it and would like to say that you guys on the forum have really helped, I'm always learning will keep at it and hopefully be up there with you one day !!!

Thanks Again,
Nick C :grin:

gentleone
10-11-2010, 02:52 PM
With the Firefox web developer toolbar I see through the div order that div #center-ul is expanding to the right which is causing the horizontal scroll bar and thus doesn't center the page.

In your css rule of #center-ul I see the weird left: 50%. and further on in your stylesheet I see in your #nav ul also a left: 50%. These 2 are kind of weird to do and there lies your problem.

If you want to center your #nav ul then a text-align: center on the div container that holds your nav would be enough.

DWcourse
10-11-2010, 08:30 PM
Nice site!

Definitely some weirdness going on in your navigation bar though and you seem to like to overuse divs.

Why an outer-container and a container div? And why a nav and a center-url div?

spazzer
10-11-2010, 09:27 PM
Hi All,
Thanks for replies any suggestions guys !
I need to get rid of the extra divs, will try sorting that out and make the nav bar across the top of the page simpler !

Cheers for replies and any suggestions welcome (helpful ones pleez)