PDA

View Full Version : Banner width

nwcountry
10-08-2010, 04:17 PM
I asked a similar question on this forum but can't find it now. Would someone be able to look at my site and give me some suggestions on how to make my banner a bit longer to even up with the "white text area"? I made the banner in FW CS5 and I don't think the 1 pixel expandable will work because of it's design. That's the only way I remember being told to fix a banner. I of course and wanting the page to look good in other browsers and screen sizes but I am so new at this.

thank you much, Denise

edbr
10-09-2010, 12:57 AM
what do you want to 'expand" it with? usual options are a repeat or slice repeated , a mirror image so it is continual or a complimentary cloour. difficult to give an opinion without seeing it

nwcountry
10-09-2010, 01:03 AM
I really think my problem is that the original page layout fits perfectly online. The twocolLiqlthdr.css. I messed it up somehow when I was changing the banner, putting in the buttons I wanted without really following the instructions I had. Right when I got your note I decided to put together another site on DW and just do it right. Then upload it when I am done. I need to learn and by having to "fix" it myself, I will never forget, LOL!! Thank you for your reply. I forgot I even posted this.

Denise

what do you want to 'expand" it with? usual options are a repeat or slice repeated , a mirror image so it is continual or a complimentary cloour. difficult to give an opinion without seeing it

edbr
10-09-2010, 01:15 AM
no problem