PDA

View Full Version : slicing and optimising form ps to dw

inquestflash
10-08-2010, 02:16 PM
hello forumers.

id like to know since i like to design,would it be wise to do my layouts,btn,banners etc etc in ps and then export them to dw for further functions?what are the pros and cons for this method?i seem to be getting too confused designing in dw i cant place images and text where i want,but in ps i can design as i like.

thank you

gentleone
10-08-2010, 02:26 PM
Export your design in Photoshop as html is a bad idea, because you will get ugly code with unnecessary code tags/elements.

If you start learning the basics of HTML & CSS (which is not so difficult) you can already layout straight forward designs in a webpage.

If you're getting better at HTML & CSS you will notice that you can layout even the most complicated designs.

Corrosive
10-08-2010, 02:40 PM
hello forumers.

id like to know since i like to design,would it be wise to do my layouts,btn,banners etc etc in ps and then export them to dw for further functions?what are the pros and cons for this method?i seem to be getting too confused designing in dw i cant place images and text where i want,but in ps i can design as i like.

thank you

If you really can't get your head round coding then maybe team up with someone who can code but not design.

inquestflash
10-08-2010, 05:49 PM
thanks for the reply.i only need to learn the basics of html/css
but i was just wandering if i could avoid designing in dw since im using illustrator/ps like 4years now.but ill learn dw also.

cheers.

Corrosive
10-08-2010, 06:12 PM
but ill learn dw also.

Good choice :) You'll enjoy it as you get into it and we are here to help. Just please don't go down the export, tables, absolutely positioned (or ap) divs or frames route. Straight into CSS and away you go.

In fact; http://corrosiveonline.co.uk/articles_beginner_mistakes.php