PDA

View Full Version : Help with page appearance in DW CS5

nwcountry
10-04-2010, 10:59 PM
compared to when I upload it to the website.

My website URL is http://oregoncranberryprocessors.com

I see when I upload it to webhost(ipage, fyi)the banner for example, is too short and looks fine in DW. My sister on another computer viewed the site and sees the blue border on left, right and bottom is wacko on hers. It looks ok on mine. I use Firefox and have a 17" screen. She has a smaller screen but is also using Firefox.

Any help is appreciated. If I don't figure anything else out, I will probably just drop the banner I made. I know this is most likely my fault and I am missing something. Someone out there is thinking "yeah, she's missing several of her marbles";) :roll:

edbr
10-05-2010, 01:08 AM
take a 1px 'slice' of far right of your banner then use this as a background iamge of your header div, that should give the impression of an extended banner

nwcountry
10-05-2010, 01:13 AM
I so appreciate your help. I understand why and how this "will" work but I don't know how to set up the code. Can you help me with that? Or do I just save a piece of it as another file and it will enter the code automatically in DW? I am thinking that may work:) Duh, I have so much to learn:-D

take a 1px 'slice' of far right of your banner then use this as a background iamge of your header div, that should give the impression of an extended banner

edbr
10-05-2010, 01:17 AM
save the image , then selecting header styles add new style background image and browse to the image and away you go !

nwcountry
10-05-2010, 01:29 AM
Hmm, I looked around and I am lost. Could you leave a few bread-crumbs? I saved my new 1 pixel image in Paintnet. I like it best. Then I go back to DW and look for header, I found that but not styles, add, new, style background image. Browse to image and away I went, right back here:( I'm so depressed:confused:

save the image , then selecting header styles add new style background image and browse to the image and away you go !

edbr
10-05-2010, 01:32 AM
in the side panet css if you select the header div the current style shows , or use the edit styles button in the css panel in properties

nwcountry
10-05-2010, 01:37 AM
I got it. I don't know but I just clicked on Css styles then header. Thank you much, couldn't have done it without you:) Only problem I see now is that I can see the "break" in the image:( I'll work on that;) Thank you and let me know if I can ever help you:)

in the side panet css if you select the header div the current style shows , or use the edit styles button in the css panel in properties

d a v e
10-05-2010, 04:41 AM
nice photo btw. oh you have a typo "furture"

d a v e
10-05-2010, 05:16 AM

you could mirror the image horizontally and use it as a background image (take away the image on the top currently there)
http://gekkoweb.com/stuff/cranberry-banner2.jpg

you don't have a bigger original image do you??

nwcountry
10-05-2010, 03:19 PM
for the compliment and especially for the "heads up" on my spelling! Geesh;) denise PS Wow, Finland and Bali, so nice to meet people from way "over there" LOL;)

nwcountry
10-05-2010, 03:23 PM
I so love your idea and thank you! Unfortunately, I don't get to keep that photo. I used it as a placeholder so the owners will know how it will look with photos. They keep telling me they will either take a few photos of the plant and bogs or, they'll send me down there. Right now I am stuck inside doing the site. Hopefully, they send me to take the pics, fun and get some fresh air, LOL!! I'll keep you posted on here as when I have the final photo I would love to do a mirror-type thing!:wink:

denise

you could mirror the image horizontally and use it as a background image (take away the image on the top currently there)
http://gekkoweb.com/stuff/cranberry-banner2.jpg

you don't have a bigger original image do you??