PDA

View Full Version : Images not working?

rfscooters.co.uk
10-02-2010, 02:42 PM
Hi

I would apreciate some help with my website as I have a problem that is driving me mad!

first of heres my website
http://www.rfscooters.co.uk/store.htm

Now you'll see on the store page there, that when you scroll down, the bottom right 2 images are broken?
However they show up in dreamweaver and when I preview using F12?
When I try to put the webpages, I get the following error message..

"images\background1 copy.jpg - error occurred - An FTP error occurred - cannot put background1 copy.jpg. Access denied. The file may not exist, or there could be a permission problem. Make sure you have proper authorization on the server and the server is properly configured."

Now I Have checked both image files, they still exist and are in the correct folders from which it is trying to put them, They are both named apropriatley and there shouldnt be any problems there?

I have also tried resaving the image to a completley different directory and uploading it from there, yet still no progress?

Any idea what this could be? Sorry to make my question so long, I just wanted to give as much useful information as possible!

Thanks, Rob

gentleone
10-02-2010, 03:15 PM
Don't name your images with spaces in it. Use underscores or dashes.
background1_copy.jpg or background1-copy.jpg

Most FTP clients ignore everything after a space when you upload to your server.

d a v e
10-03-2010, 06:13 AM
and resize your images in a graphics editor - they are all huuuuge (in pixel area) and therefore filesize