PDA

View Full Version : Dreamweaver Preview misleading

Badshamrock
09-29-2010, 06:16 AM
Hi, I keep previewing in Browser from Dreamweaver and find in Safari preview that my divs are moving about. When I check in Browserlab though it seems to be OK. Should I totally disregard DW's Browser preview. Also when I do same in DW but with Firefox preview, my flash Drop down menus don't function properly. Any input appreciated.

Many thanks

Badshamrock!:confused:

Corrosive
09-29-2010, 06:21 AM
Dreamweaver Preview misleading

Yes, they always have been and always will be. DW previews are just one interpretation of your website. There are many different browsers that interpret sites in different ways and DW won't cater for them all. Whatever is/isn't working during your cross-browser checks are the things to worry about. DW is a guide, live browsers are the real deal :)

DWcourse
09-29-2010, 06:28 PM
Your Preview in Browser should be showing you exactly what you'll see in that browser unlike Design View (a rough approximation at best) and unlike Live View (good but it doesn't match every browser).

There are reasons your Safari preview may differ from the results from BrowserLab's Safari preview:

Different version number of Safari

Different OS setting (there are Mac & PC versions of Safari)

You might have the type zoomed in you local version of Safari. BrowserLab uses the normal setting.

edbr
09-30-2010, 01:13 AM
as i said before once, its like the pirate code "its more a guide that a rule"