PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a Template

jhallford
09-28-2010, 11:12 PM
I am looking for a template that is along the line of a community site so that:

Users register and must be accepted by a moderator
Users can post items for sale or give away, or items they are looking to buy
Employers can post job openings, and unemployed workers can list themselves along with their resumes
Other similar abilitiesWe are a church in the north Dallas area, and we have discovered that we have many unemployed members looking for jobs. We also have employers looking for employees. Furthermore, we often have members who have usable furniture, TV's, electronics, etc that they want to sell or even give away. We are simply trying to provide a forum to bring the two sides together.

If you know of a template that will meet these goals, I will greatly appreciate you replying and sending me the information. Thank you very much.

edbr
09-29-2010, 02:15 AM
joomla has these, check joomla hut for components

Corrosive
09-29-2010, 07:12 AM
Feel free to shout me down but it suggests to me that if you are 'looking for a template' to do these things you probably don't have the first idea about how a website goes together. The template is irrelevant when it comes to functionality. Ed is correct in suggesting a framework such as Joomla (or Drupal maybe) but it is a lot more involved than just downloading an HTML template and having it all work.

It is the 'back end' stuff (programming language and database) that drives the functionality. Templates are just there for the look.

Sounds like you are doing this for a good cause but maybe (if indeed you have no experience) this might be you getting in too deep too soon.

Still, look at CMS frameworks and see what you think. I may be selling you short and you are a web guru...

edbr
09-29-2010, 07:26 AM
yes i do know that there is a joomla component for employment.

edbr
09-29-2010, 08:37 AM
http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/ads-a-affiliates/jobs-a-recruitment
here's a few in fact