PDA

View Full Version : Great script that handles graphic zooming

drowland
09-28-2010, 04:47 PM
I've been having a real problem with a graphic border that messed up due to changes in monitor sizes. Different monitor size, graphic looked bad. Now I have discovered a script that handles graphics when a viewer zooms, or when a monitor is a different size from what the site design. If you've ever used a border with a graphic background, you know what I mean. Now I have the answer.

To make graphic margins that will stay the same in different size monitors, or if a viewer uses a zoom to view a page, here is a script that handles the problem. It also changes other graphics in the same manner.
This goes in HEAD
<script language="JavaScript" fptype="dynamicanimation">
<!--
function dynAnimation() {}
function clickSwapImg() {}
//-->
</script>
<script language="JavaScript1.2" fptype="dynamicanimation" src="animate.js">
</script>
This goes in beginning of BODY
<!-- ***** Begin:McWeb Animation special effect ***** -->
<!-- ***** End:McWeb Animation special effect ***** -->
No changes are needed in anything!!
just copy and past into your html!!
I have a page up on one of my clients sites for them to approve of a change, and you can take a look and explore the zoom aspect yourself.
www.careerpathinc.com/index1.htm (http://www.careerpathinc.com/index1.htm)

This site has done a lot for me, and I'm excited about being able to do something in return.:lol: :lol:

d a v e
09-28-2010, 07:13 PM
if i was going to be blunt then i would say that that graphic border doesn't look good at any resolution but - oh i said it already ;)

the script works though :)

drowland
09-28-2010, 07:16 PM
Ya know dave, sometimes I think there's just no pleasing you.

d a v e
09-29-2010, 04:36 PM
no smiley? oops i'm not pleased, again! :)

sorry if i was a bit harsh ;)

gentleone
09-29-2010, 05:38 PM
I remember me having a rant about clients that want to have fully control about the design and functionality of their website while they're not even have a clue what the do's and the don'ts are. I'll explain according to one example on this site.

That huge mission statement on the homepage.
If I'm a potential prospect/customer then I don't wanna know about their mission statement. I want to know in a few seconds what Career Path Inc. can do for me and what action I'll have to take to get it. That's the message that should be big above the fold along with a clear call-to-action. Mission statements are going in a sub-page from the about us page and if I want to know about it then I'll have a look for it in there.

drowland
09-29-2010, 05:59 PM
On the other hand, they deal with their clients and candidates on a daily basis, and know the questions they are asked most often. I don't. So.. They would know in what order to answer, in advance, those questions. If giving the mission statement answers those questions, it makes sense to have it up front.
I have beed dealing with the company for a good while now. When the new owner took over, I knew there were going to be some bumps in the road, but I don't want to just throw away the client either. The new owner will have to learn a few things the hard way, just as some of us have. I suggest things to her, and give the logic behind the suggestions, but the decision is hers. If it works, wonderful. If she does not get the results she expected, then she realizes she has a few more things to learn before she gets to be as good a CEO/Owner as her predecesser.(sp?:confused:)
Gee! I just noticed i gained a rank to PFC!!!

gentleone
09-29-2010, 06:16 PM
I suggest things to her, and give the logic behind the suggestions, but the decision is hers. If it works, wonderful. If she does not get the results she expected, then she realizes she has a few more things to learn before she gets to be as good a CEO/Owner as her predecesser.

Then throw in some google analytic code so that you can measure things and to show her. Especially with re-designs or complete new websites the bouncing rate is in the beginning an important thing to measure.

Corrosive
09-29-2010, 06:22 PM
Gee! I just noticed i gained a rank to PFC!!!

At ease soldier :mrgreen:

I'm sure we had a full list of all the ranks when Rob and Ove first did them. You get ranks based on numbers of posts. Private to start and then Private First Class after ten. As you can see, some of us have been around a loooong time.