PDA

View Full Version : Your Getting Nailed Lately

DWcourse
09-23-2010, 06:52 PM
Did you guys just move up in the search rankings or what. Suddenly the spammers seem to be hitting you pretty hard! :shock:

(of course the should have been "You're Getting Nailed Lately." English as a first language is sometimes difficult for me)

edbr
09-24-2010, 01:58 AM
spam hits here i definite waves, it maybe certain terms that get posted i lately added the seo forum and that may be a reason, although i dont think its much heavier than usual

DWcourse
09-24-2010, 04:51 AM
Yeah, I've been getting a ton of Russian email lately (and I have enough trouble with the English kind).

edbr
09-24-2010, 04:56 AM
me to i added a russian filter to stop it and that helped a lot, ill find it if you want and post it here

DWcourse
09-24-2010, 05:11 AM
worth a try (but I'm on a Mac so I'm using Apple's Mail program)

edbr
09-24-2010, 05:24 AM
ah ok have you tried filtering charset koi8-r, that cuts some of it not all though of course.

edbr
09-24-2010, 05:25 AM
and if not can we expect a wedding to your new ukrainian bride ? :)

edbr
09-24-2010, 05:32 AM
я и й if you can filter based on characters also

DWcourse
09-27-2010, 04:56 AM
я и й if you can filter based on characters also

That's seems to be working pretty well. Thanks for the tip!

Corrosive
09-28-2010, 11:58 AM
Might be that Ed was left to find for himself for a week or so. You'd be surprised how much we catch before you guys even see it! The ones you report we jump on quickly as well so keep doing that one and all. You and gentleone are have a keen eye for spam I must say :)

blake
10-09-2010, 03:05 PM
and if not can we expect a wedding to your new ukrainian bride ? :)
I''m new to the forum and thought this was to funny. I've had a Russian bride for 12 years and she'll be the first to tell you that Russia is the spam capitol of the world. We also use to get a lot of spam from Jakarta and China.
My wife would check the stats on our business site and I would hear her say...uh oh, hits from Russia, we'll get bombed with med emails tomorrow and sure enough we would.:lol:
She took our email addresses off out sites and put an email form on with capacha, she also deleted the regular infor@, etc and changed them.
Our med spams went away but she still gets bombed in her yahoo account but most go to the spam box.
She found that most of the spam coming from Russia was from Sibir, a little north of Perm....she would say...hot dang, so cold up there who would go there and try to stop them.
Great form.