PDA

View Full Version : Site changes from IE to IE browsers?

SpiritedAway
09-22-2010, 09:34 PM
I have uploaded my site to test how it works live, i built my site on my laptop and tested in IE and it works great, notably the footer is at the bottom of the page and texts sits perfectly in its text boxes but on the IE browser on a desktop screen the footer isn't where its supposed to be, i.e at the bottom of the document instead its in the middle of the screen to the right and some of the text overlaps from its text box? But on IE on my laptop, everything's where it should be.

Why does it display great in IE on a laptop but not in the same browser on a desktop screen.

Should websites be designed on a desktop instead of a laptop?

I do have a #wrapper to constrain the page content set to 760 pixels (although the footer isn't in the wrapper but sits underneath)

Can anyone give me some advice about why this is happening and perhaps what i can do to sort the situation out.

gentleone
09-22-2010, 09:41 PM
760 pixels what? Height? Width? And what's the screen resolution from your laptop and that from your desktop?

SpiritedAway
09-22-2010, 09:47 PM
hi, its 760 pixels in width, and my screen resolution is 1024 x 768 (its a couple of years old this laptop) - desktop screen i don't know, it is one i used at work, just a standard dell 15" monitor.

gentleone
09-23-2010, 05:41 AM
Did you used Apdivs to lay out the page? Can you provide a link or show your code here?