PDA

View Full Version : How do I change a font size and style?

Rolacoy
09-22-2010, 08:45 PM
I started doing web pages with MicroSoft Word and then BB Edit. When DreamWeaver came out I started using it for web pages. After doing sever simple websites, I found out that I would rather do art. I am a commercial artist, because I am a very poor typist and would rather do illustrations.

I quit doing websites, I am retired, but have maintained website and one for a friend. I am now trying to use CS4 and I am lost. I can not figure out how to change the type sizes and styles. When I change the size in one place it changes all of the type on the whole page. I went into the help, but it talks about CCS, I understand that I should learn all of the new stuff. I just don't want to, I just want to do a simple page with different sizes and styles of type.

How does the type work?

gentleone
09-22-2010, 09:11 PM
How does the type work?

Like how you already mentioned... through CSS. If you want to change a specific part of your text then you should give the element or tag an id or class and make specific CSS rules for that element/tag.

Can you provide a link to the page, so that we can see what's best you can do?

DWcourse
09-22-2010, 11:02 PM
I don't know if I should even tell you this (the CSS purists will hate me - I almost hate myself for doing it) but here's how to use the font tag in Dreamweaver CS4: http://www.dwcourse.com/dreamweaver/font-tag-dreamweaver-cs4.php

Rolacoy
09-23-2010, 01:58 AM
Thanks for the help, I will give it try in the morning, I am beat. I started a local Tea Party last night. I expected 12 people and we had 30. I have been running all day.

Rolacoy
09-23-2010, 12:34 PM
Thank you very much that solved my problem.