PDA

View Full Version : deleting spry menu bar entirelyfrom site

Abbica
09-21-2010, 10:01 AM
Hi, I have a spry vertical menu bar on my dreamweaver template, it has become corrupt so I want to delete it. but when I go to insert a new spry bar, it keeps all the original settings and colours etc. How can I delete or detach the spry vertical bar entirely from my folder. I also have a spry horizontal bar and I am afraid that I will delete the information on that. Can you look below and tell me which one I delete for the spry vertical menu bar? If I do all this, then when I go to insert will it insert with no previous styles attached please?

I have a:
SpryMenuBar - JScript Script File
SpryMenuBarDown - Gif Image
SpryMenuBarDownHover - Gif Image
SpryMenuBarHorizontal - Cascading Style Sheet
SpryMenuBarRight - Gif Image
SpryMenuBarRightHover - Gif image
SpryMenuBarVertical - Cascading Style Sheet

DWcourse
09-21-2010, 04:44 PM
I'm not sure what you mean by corrupt but deleting only the SpryMenuBarVertical.css file should take you back to the beginning.

Abbica
09-21-2010, 04:57 PM
Hi, how are you? It just says the java is missing and loads of other stuff which I do not know how to fix so I am just going to delete it and do it again. But when I delete the main spry vertical for example it keeps the style. I am using the same style for both the vert and horz. It just keeps the style, oh I suppose it is not that much of a problem, I just fear that the same problems will be in the new spry I create, just seems to be errors with it.

DWcourse
09-21-2010, 05:13 PM
There is javascript in the html of the page at the very bottom before the closing </body> tag that activates the menubar. You probably want to delete it as well to get rid of that message.

I'm not sure how you are using the same style sheet for both menus but you can always create a second style sheet for the new menu and create custom styles based upon the ID of the new menu.

Abbica
09-22-2010, 03:07 PM
Hi DW, thank you for the advice, deleted the script at the bottom of the page and it inserted a brand new spry, thank you!