PDA

View Full Version : Dreamweaver and Zen Cart?

bcweb
09-11-2010, 05:14 AM
I'm looking at getting a shopping cart set up for my website. Currently, I have PayPal.

This will be the first time I've used shopping cart software. I've been researching ZenCart b/c from what I've read, it sounds like a good cart for a beginner to install.

Has anyone installed Zencart on an already existing dreamweaver based site?
Also, do I need to get an SSL certificate before I proceed?
As far as installing it sounds like I'd install Zencart in a separate folder, not the whole site?

Any advice on the above? Thanks!

Corrosive
09-11-2010, 08:01 AM
Zencart is OK but can be a little frustrating at times. We've used it before but now we use Prestashop as the back end is better for customers and it has some really nice, pro looking features. Probably best to install it in a sub folder and link to store/index from your main site.

A SSL certificate is always advisable. They are not too expensive and they breed trust in your customers.

edbr
09-13-2010, 01:47 AM
agree to all that but if you use payment gate ways ssl is less important i would say

Corrosive
09-13-2010, 06:08 AM
if you use payment gate ways ssl is less important i would say

You and I know that but customers expect to see it IMO. For 60ish a year, it can't hurt can it?

edbr
09-13-2010, 06:35 AM
no i take your point , not sure how much it does though.^) quid? im selling to cheap it seems :)

Corrosive
09-13-2010, 07:40 AM
How much are your certs then Ed? I'm sure the last one I purchased (dedicated SSL) was 60 (or ^))

edbr
09-13-2010, 07:52 AM
depends on the type ssl123 should be around 50$ which will give the warm and toasty encrypted feeling you talk about , other ssl indeed are around 100$ /60 squids