PDA

View Full Version : learning spry

oompa_l
09-09-2010, 10:39 PM
Hi

I ran into a problem where I had two separate aspects of my page working one in jquery, the other with spry and when I tried to make them work together things fell apart. I wasn't completely clear on why they werent working (though I had a guess or two) but I figured it might make sense to go with one or the other and stick with it over the course of the whole page.

So I'm trying to learny spry. It's very similar to the little i learned in jquery but I'm nervous about the syntax, and I'm unsure where to turn to for dumb questions like [these arise as I convert my previous jquery stuff into spry]:

- how would you write $(this) in spry?
- how do you apply a click function to a selector like this,
$(".content-item").click(function(){

there are others, but I have no idea how to find the spry equivalents...

thanks so much!

DWcourse
09-10-2010, 07:39 AM
Except for the Spry functions built in to Dreamweaver, I think most folks would recommend jQuery. There are a lot more folks out there working with and supporting it.

oompa_l
09-10-2010, 05:10 PM
i appreciate that. I think I agree.

maybe you or someone else can help me then. The problem i was having on my page was that my jquery was operating on elements that were to be filled with spry data elements and i think the reason the page wasn't working was bc the jquery needs to wait until the data has been loaded before beginning. How do you do this?

or alternatively - is there something I should be looking at to do what spry would do with my XML file but in Jquery?