PDA

View Full Version : Template Feedback Please

DWcourse
09-06-2010, 05:03 AM
I've been working on a template for my students and I'm about ready to make it available but I thought I'd get some feedback before I do:

http://www.dwcourse.com/templates/july4/

Any comments will be appreciated.

(P.S. the download link isn't active yet)

Corrosive
09-06-2010, 06:09 AM
Just in context JC, is this a teaching aid?

DWcourse
09-06-2010, 06:10 AM
well, I'm going to release if but I was also planning to use it as a teaching aid.

edbr
09-06-2010, 06:18 AM
as a teaching aid has a good amount of elements, you could sell it as a t shirt too i think :)

Corrosive
09-06-2010, 06:24 AM
as a teaching aid has a good amount of elements, you could sell it as a t shirt too i think :)

Agree with Ed here mate. I think it covers a lot of common design/css/layout elements for a teaching aid. As a website it reminds me how Bristish I am :mrgreen: but I guess it's not aimed at me (or Ed come to that)!

d a v e
09-06-2010, 10:10 AM
one error on the homepage - the last closing div seems surplus to requirements ;)

shouldn't the bottom 3 divs have h3s and not h2s? and really the "Born on the 4th of July" should be an h1... if you're going to show your students a good example of document structure then it should be well structured or am i missing something?

i'm just being a bit extra picky cos it's for students :)

DWcourse
09-06-2010, 04:18 PM
one error on the homepage - the last closing div seems surplus to requirements ;)

Thanks, I should have validated before posting!

shouldn't the bottom 3 divs have h3s and not h2s?
I think I'd have to agree with you on that one.

and really the "Born on the 4th of July" should be an h1...

Well, if it was only the home page I'd go with it as an h1 bit on inside page I want to reserve h1 for the headline of the content. So, since it's a template I wen't with h2.

if you're going to show your students a good example of document structure then it should be well structured or am i missing something?

i'm just being a bit extra picky cos it's for students :)

Not too picky though. I absolutely agree. Thanks.

And I suppose I could be a little less nationalistic and come up with some customizations. Demonstrating how the "trifold" section at the bottom works needed three colors and rd, white and blue jumped out at me. I'll try to be more cosmopolitan in the future. :mrgreen:

Corrosive
09-06-2010, 04:23 PM
And I suppose I could be a little less nationalistic and come up with some customizations. Demonstrating how the "trifold" section at the bottom works needed three colors and rd, white and blue jumped out at me. I'll try to be more cosmopolitan in the future. :mrgreen:

Hey, absolutely nothing wrong in having pride in your country. I think it is something that a lot of other countries could learn a bit about! It is just too American for my tastes but I am a Brit so not your target audience by any stretch :)

DWcourse
09-06-2010, 04:29 PM
But it shouldn't be too hard to insert a Union Jack in there. Just swapping one background image.

Corrosive
09-06-2010, 04:32 PM
Aye, that is true and RW&B will match :)