PDA

View Full Version : Header design with swf...

gore.m
09-03-2010, 05:02 PM
Hello,

Im reworking our site. We would like to have it more interesting for customers, so we have decided to use flash animation in header. Here is first design, grey flowers should be in swf and they should be moving:

http://www.q3.cz/images/27indexNEW.jpg

But we got a lot of issues with this:

1| If we will use swf, we will have to put all elements like logo and seo important H1 (kvetinarstvi Brno, Kralovo Pole) into swf (Am I right I cant use swf as background?)

2| Swf will have to end under navigation. We dont want to use an boder or color filled navigation buttons... There will empty space between navigation and swf it will look dull...

Is there any other possibility than, to have H1, logo and navigation inside swf? Do you have an idea?

thanks you very much

gentleone
09-03-2010, 09:51 PM
You could place an absolute positioned div which hold the logo, H1 tag and navigation ontop of the header div which hold the swf.

DWcourse
09-03-2010, 10:27 PM
Although Flash elements tend to come forward in some browsers although I think if you search the forums there's a fix for that here somewhere.

DWcourse
09-03-2010, 10:29 PM
Or don't use Flash at all and search on Google for "scrolling backgound image jquery"

gore.m
09-04-2010, 01:41 PM
Interesting ideas, thanks you very much. Ill try that!

Our first idea was prepare swf where grey flowers are moving like in the wind, but it is a lot of work :-) DWcourse's idea with jquery is very interesting.
Is there an jquery plugin and way how done similar effect like "moving flowers in the wind"?

thanks you