PDA

View Full Version : using Google translater with Dreamweaver

Desmond
09-03-2010, 01:01 AM
I have used Dreamweaver MX for years. In the past I was able to press F12 and see what my page looked like as on the Internet but a few days ago something must have happened as now I can still use the F12 method but Google will not translate any of the page. It shows Google is searching but no results. Everything else on the Internet translates. Can someone give advise what to look for.
Desmond

Corrosive
09-03-2010, 07:11 AM
Sorry, not sure what you mean by translate? Do you mean display? Give us a link so we can check your page. It may be a local IP block issue.

DWcourse
09-03-2010, 07:32 AM
F12 previews a copy of the current page on your computer.

Google is a search engine and doesn't preview anything. Do you mean the Google Chrome browser?

Dreamweaver MX is ancient. If you've updated your computer or system, it's possible that it's not going to work anymore.

Desmond
09-03-2010, 09:29 AM
Sorry, not sure what you mean by translate? Do you mean display? Give us a link so we can check your page. It may be a local IP block issue.
What I mean is after using F12 and seeing my page as if on the Internet once I used to be able to go to Google translate to another langauge and it would show me what it looked like in the language I asked for. I used to be able to ask for say Japanese and if the japanese symbles were too large for the layers I would then go back and adjust the origanal.
Thanks,Desmond.

Desmond
09-03-2010, 09:34 AM
F12 previews a copy of the current page on your computer.

Google is a search engine and doesn't preview anything. Do you mean the Google Chrome browser?

Dreamweaver MX is ancient. If you've updated your computer or system, it's possible that it's not going to work anymore. I haven't updated my computer but I realise that MX is ancient but I am not a developer. Something went wrong that I did on my page. Google translate will let you see after using F12 what the page will look like if it was online and Google translate will ask what language you wish to translate your page into. If I were to ask for Jananese then sometimes the layers are over written due to the language being too large or the script too much to fit.
Thanks for your help.
Desmond.