PDA

View Full Version : Duplicate Attribute/Invalid Markup

flyingj
09-01-2010, 04:27 PM
On my Index page, it's showing up as having Invalid Markup because it contains a duplicate attribute in my meta name description and keywords. What's wrong? I've compared it with other pages and can't find the problem.

<meta name="description" content="Sale on Sheds and Garages! Amish built Storage Sheds, Playhouses, />

<meta name="keywords" content=" Tool Storage sheds, Horse Barns, wooden horse barns, garden, Garden Sheds, />

<meta name="robots" content="index,follow" />

All of these above are highlighted as invalid markups/duplicate attribute. Thanks for any help you can give!:confused:

DWcourse
09-01-2010, 04:30 PM
link please?

flyingj
09-01-2010, 04:31 PM
http://www.amishbackyardstructures.com/Index.html

Corrosive
09-01-2010, 04:55 PM
Replace;

<meta name="description" content="Sale on Sheds and Garages! Amish built Storage Sheds, Playhouses, Gazebos, Dog Kennels, Garages, Mini Barns, Chicken Coops; Contact us for information on vinyl storage sheds, mini barns, chicken coop, tool sheds, horse barns, storage sheds pa, Amish built sheds pa, Oxford Farm Market, and much more. />

With;

<meta name="description" content="Sale on Sheds and Garages! Amish built Storage Sheds, Playhouses, Gazebos, Dog Kennels, Garages, Mini Barns, Chicken Coops; Contact us for information on vinyl storage sheds, mini barns, chicken coop, tool sheds, horse barns, storage sheds pa, Amish built sheds pa, Oxford Farm Market, and much more." />

You were missing the " at the end.

flyingj
09-01-2010, 04:59 PM
Thanks so much! That's the answer I needed.

Corrosive
09-01-2010, 05:00 PM
You are welcome. Remember to use the code colours in Dreamweaver and when you view source in your browser. That told me what the problem was instantly.

DWcourse
09-01-2010, 06:24 PM
Nice catch Corrosive!