PDA

View Full Version : table alignment

andreamgiordano
09-01-2010, 03:18 PM
I've got a slight issue with putting two tables on the same horizontal line and with different alignment. I have a "navigation" table on the left and it is aligned, "left." I then have another table called "image" which is aligned "center" and it is on the right of the "navigation" table.

I have done this as I want the navigation of the site and title to always be on the left, while the image displayed must be located in the space between the right side of the "navigation" table and the scroll bar of the browser. Thus the image will move in proportion with the horizontal size of the browser window. much like this website; www.valextra.it

All of that works except, when the browser window is then horizontally smaller than the size of the combined vertical width of the two tables, the "image" table then moves under the "navigation" table.

I have attempted making the "navigation" table 100% height so the "image" table could not fit under, but it does all the same.

Does anyone have any incite on what to do?

arch. andrea m giordano

Corrosive
09-01-2010, 03:36 PM
Tables aren't designed to layout complex websites. They are for tabular data. There is CSS and divs which you should be using instead.