PDA

View Full Version : Transition from Dreamweaver CS4

Lotekh
08-28-2010, 05:34 PM
I'm trying Dreamveaver cs5 as trial, and I can't view the divs created in cs4 in the div's panel. The page is ok, all divs are in place, but none appears in AP Elements panel, so is difficult to work in a site created with CS4.
Does anybody knows something about this problem, or maybe how to solve it ?

Thanks in advance

DWcourse
08-28-2010, 06:19 PM
I haven't seen the issue. Are all the divs actually AP (absolutely positioned) divs?

(BTW, AP divs isn't a good way to lay out a page. But that wasn't your question was it?)

Lotekh
08-30-2010, 06:17 PM
I haven't seen the issue. Are all the divs actually AP (absolutely positioned) divs?

(BTW, AP divs isn't a good way to lay out a page. But that wasn't your question was it?)

Yes, all are actually ap div's, but nested in a relative positioned wrapper. As you can see in attachement only a small number of divs appears in the window.

(What do you mean by "AP divs isn't a good way to lay out a page" ?)

Corrosive
08-31-2010, 06:13 AM
What do you mean by "AP divs isn't a good way to lay out a page"

Not a whole page. If content size varies then you end up with divs (and content) running into each other and making an awful mess. Relative divs effect the divs around them so extra content (or zoomed text size) will resize everything and keep your design intact. That's the way to go :)