PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Frames

Kirsi
08-22-2010, 04:31 PM
Hi.
Sorry if this theme has been discussed before.

I have a problem with Dreamweaver 8. I want to create an index page, so that menu would be in leftFrame and would open in mainFrame.
It's like that on my site now, but I'm having trouble with editing it, so I'm creating a new index page.

So, I want it to work like here: http://inglonia1.000space.com/
Everything seems to be ok, but when I add a button and set mainFrame as target, it opens the document in new tab.

Any ideas of what I've missed?

DWcourse
08-23-2010, 02:15 AM
I don't recommend using frames but yours seem to be working the way you want on the page you linked to.

Kirsi
08-23-2010, 05:46 PM
I don't recommend using frames but yours seem to be working the way you want on the page you linked to.
Yeah, it works there, but for some reason I can't edit the index page anymore. I says some files are read-only and I can't take it off either, as soon as I untick read-only and save settings, it goes right back to being read-only.

So, I tried creating the new index page, but even though everything seems to be the same way as on the index page that is up now, it's not working properly and opens up new windows, instead of just changing the content in main frame.