PDA

View Full Version : Trouble previewing an XSLT page in my browser, and get message that reads "xml was not found"

alexDWC
08-21-2010, 04:45 PM
I am working through a Dreamweaver tutorial for displaying XML data, using CS4 on Mac OSX 10.4.11. The tutorial uses a readymade set of files (provided by DW) for a fictitious restaurant called Cafe Townsend (Macintosh HD/Applications/Macromedia Dreamweaver
8/Tutorial_assets/cafe_townsend). So far I've done the following:

1. defined the site in my local_sites folder

2. converted the HTML page to an XSLT page

3. used the "Locate XML Source" dialog box to browse to, and attach, the XML data source to the XSLT page

4. used the Bindings Panel to bind the XML data to the XSLT page

I'm now being instructed to preview what I've done so far in a browser. But, when I select Preview in Browser, it doesn't bring up the browser. Also, when I double-click on the name of the "schema" in the Bindings panel I get a message that informs me that my xml file "was not found". I've double checked the file path, and have confirmed that the xml file is where it's supposed to be, but I still keep getting this message.

Can someone help me figure out why the xml file isn't being found, and why the XSLT page isn't previewing in the browser?