PDA

View Full Version : Creating site in PHP help

paulfoster1609
08-21-2010, 01:45 AM
I know how to create sites in html but havent created in .php before. Is it just a case of creating a new .php page and then working in exactly the same way as I would if I created a site in .html or will I have to learn something new?

edbr
08-21-2010, 01:54 AM
yes to the html content on the page . and yes to learn php if you want to use the server side technology. having said that you can experiment with the dreamweaver wizards to get you started although i wouldnt recommend them for use if you want to improve your skillset

DWcourse
08-21-2010, 04:23 AM
Right a .php will process html just like a .html page. In fact everything should work fine without any php code in a .php page at all. The magic of php is that you can read data from a form, database, etc. and then use that information to determine what appears on your page. And you can do much more like emailing for info etc.

You'll also need a server or testing server to see the results of your php pages as Dreamweaver and your web browser don't interpret your php (it happens on the server) they just display the results after the server has done its work.

davidj
08-21-2010, 09:23 PM
having said that you can experiment with the dreamweaver wizards to get you started

err... leave dreamweaver wizards alone. Learn the language. Its not that hard